Thursday, February 10, 2011

Wednesday Cooking Adventures

I stopped at Nelson's veggie stand and picked up all sorts of things. The thing I find about having these veggies, is that I'm more inclined to cook with them if I've got them. Every time I go, I try to get something new.. this time I got portabello mushrooms. Right when I got home, I sauteed one in a little EVOO (I dislike Rachael Ray and her annoying phrases, but EVOO is just so much easier than extra virgin olive oil!). I threw on some shredded mozz and a little balsamic and had a delicious, healthy lunch!

For dinner, I wanted to make up a veggie sauce. I sauteed some EVOO, shallots, garlic, basil, s&p, yellow bell pepper, zucchini, broccoli, and roma tomatoes. I let them simmer and it created this delicious sauce. I cooked up some veggie rotini noodles and sauteed some flour-eggwash-breadcrumbed chicken cutlets in a pan. Here's how it came out:



It was delicious and such an easy way to get in a bunch of veggies without any preservatives or anything. I'm not opposed to jarred sauce on nights when I'm exhausted, but I also like to take the time to prepare fresh - when I have the time of course.

Pick up some of your favorite veggies and try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment