Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twice Baked Potatoes

We love 'em in this household, there's no doubt about that. They take a little time, but are generally worth the process. Did I say a little time? Everyone knows, potatoes take forever to cook! Don't have an hour for roasting? Cheat! Par-cook the potatoes in the microwave for a few minutes... this will shave quite a bit of time off the oven process. I decided to use the twice baked potato as a platform for some creativity lately. Here's what I've come up with:

This is my version of a BLT potato. This big guy holds a yummy mixture of spinach, tomatoes, pancetta, and goat cheese.. baked until browned. This was definitely a highlight of this meal.


This, my friends, is one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. This is my buffalo style potato! I followed a recipe I used for buffalo dip and mixed in the potato and loaded it back up. It was, seriously, delicious.

Steven talked about this potato for almost 2 weeks. That's a major accomplishment in my book. Not to self: recreate ASAP.

Use the potato as your basis of creativity. Load it up with your favorite things and enjoy!

1 comment: