Monday, February 20, 2012

Chicken and Potatoes


This was our dinner tonight.. just one of a million Pinterest inspirations.

The potatoes in the background were pinned from Pioneer Woman.. her recipes are no-fail and always delicious. That recipe can be found here.

The chicken began as an Pinspired recipe, but turned into something I made up. The recipe I was originally going to use was for a lemon chicken. Unfortunately, I started it a bit late and had no time for a 2 hour marinade as the recipe called for. Instead, I decided to experiment a little. Goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, and bacon has to be one of my favorite flavor combinations... also, includes artichokes when I have them; they would've been included tonight if I had 'em!

Here's what I did..
I mixed up about 3 ounces of crumbled goat cheese, 2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes, a tablespoon of crumbled bacon, the zest/juice of a medium lemon, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, and 2 tablespoons of butter. I lifted the skin from the chicken leg quarters (3), and stuffed the chicken with the mixture. I then brushed on a coat of olive oil mixed with some lemon juice and a sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, and an Italian seasoning mixture. I popped it in the oven for about 25 minutes on 425˚. Then, I moved them to the bottom shelf and popped the potatoes in on the top. Finished off for 20 minutes at 450˚. I pulled them out and let them rest for about 5 minutes. We enjoyed with a nice fresh salad mix!

Perfect way to end President's Day!

1 comment: